Here are the best dragon tattoos designs and ideas for men and women. The pictures of dragon tattoos listed here are inspired from Chinese dragons, Japanese dragons and European dragons.
Of all the mythical and legendary creatures I think dragon attracts the most. That is why dragon tattoos are popular from the ancient times. Even though dragons are scary fire breathing mythical creatures yet they are considered as good omen in many cultures. Dragons play a significant role in many cultures especially in the Chinese and Japanese cultures. Even European cultures have legends about dragons. If you are a tattoo lover then I bet you have had a dragon tattoo at least once in your life. If you are thinking for a new dragon tattoo then look no more. Here we present you 66 Amazing dragon tattoo ideas for men and women:
1. Does it remind you of Khaleesi Dragon from Game of Thrones? The detail on the tail of this dragon is good.
2. Chinese dragon tattoos are more popular than European dragon tattoos. Here is a cool Chinese dragon tattoo design.
3. Among the tribal tattoos, Dragon is the most popular design. Here is a cool Tribal dragon tattoo.
4. It is hard to make a 3D dragon tattoo but if the artist is expert than you can have such cool 3D dragon tattoo design.
5. Japanese dragons are also as popular as Chinese dragons. Here is a cool Japanese drgaon tattoo design.
6. Here is an animated Chinese dragon tattoo design that gives the 3D impression. The dragon seems to be coming out of the shoulder of this boy.
7. It looks more like a sea horse than a dragon but I have to admit it is a cute dragon tattoo design. What you think?
8. Most tribal dragon tattoos are European but here for you is a cool Chinese tribal dragon tattoo design.
9. Dragons are mighty beasts. So, the must be shown as it is. Here is the mighty dragon tattoo spawning its wing and ready to take off from the back of this girl.
10. Dragons are mythical creatures so it is hard to describe their exact look. But people do like dragon tattoos without wings.
11. While most people love to have large size dragon tattoos you can opt for a medium to small size dragon tattoo design just like this one.
12. To give the dragon scarier look ask your tattoo designer to colour the eyes and fire of the dragon.
13. Myth states two types of dragons – Land and sea. Sea dragons have skin like earthworms and caterpillars. Here is a majestic Sea dragon tattoo design on the back of this man.
14. Not all people opt for colourful dragon tattoos. So if you go for a full colour dragon tattoo then it will be unique and amazing.
15. White ink tattoos are rare but if you opt for white ink tattoo then go for the dragon design because it will look majestic.
16. The tattoo artist focused more on the wings of this dragon tattoo and forgot the body. I guess it looks unique and impressive in its own way.
17. Some people do not color dragon tattoos because they think that it might look funny. But here is a scary looking purple dragon tattoo design for you.
18. Is it Daenerys Targaryen from game of thrones flying on her dragon Drogon? I guess not because it looks like a fairy. Still I would say this tattoo idea is awesome.
19. Here is a complex Japanese dragon tattoo design on the full back of this boy. Amazing dragon tattoo idea for men.
20. I think this is a very cool dragon tattoo idea for women. Think about it, a full sleeve dragon tattoo design. It will look awesome.
21. Angry dragon tattoo designs are more popular than cute dragon tattoo design. Here is a black angry dragon tattoo.
22. It is hard to make a fire breathing dragon tattoo but a good turn around would be to make an angry roaring dragon tattoo. For this you have to focus on the face of the dragon tattoo.
23. I love mix up tattoos. Here is a cool mix up tattoo of a 3D skull and a might dragon on it.
24. Place of dragon tattoo matters a lot. For girls I would suggest to try henna dragon tattoo as it would temporary and you can play around the design.
25. Dragons are legendary creatures and they should be made as such. A cool idea would be to give arc to your dragon tattoo by showing it aged and old.
26. The tattoo artist not only worked on the design of this dragon tattoo but also on the background.
27. One cool thing about tribal tattoo design is that they occupy less space. This is why one can have a pretty and neat tribal dragon tattoo on wrist or arm.
28. Here is a complicated tribal dragon tattoo design on the back of this guy.
29. A cool dragon tattoo idea for girls would be to have a full back dragon tattoo design like this.
30. To make the dragon look more realistic one must focus on the eyes, the hairs and the nails of the dragon just as shown in this dragon tattoo picture.
31. The artist focused too much on the back bone of this dragon tattoo design. If you opt for such design then make sure it is colourful because then it will stand out.
32. Here is a perfect Japanese dragon tattoo design. It looks a very peaceful dragon.
33. Most people think that tribal tattoo designs are only done with black ink. Here is a pretty design of purple ink tribal dragon tattoo.
34. I think this is the best dragon tattoo idea for boys. This is because the placement of this dragon tattoo is perfect. Chest dragon tattoos are always my favourite.
35. Even this dragon tattoo design is neat but I still can’t keep my eyes off the eye of the dragon. They look funny. You don’t want your dragon to look funny.
36. The face structure of a dragon tattoo matters. For example this dragon tattoo on the back of the girl has a face like horse and that is why does not impress much.
37. If you are fan of origami and abstract art then you might like the dragon tattoo design on the thigh of this girl.
38. Double dragon tattoo designs are rare. But they are perfect ideas for couple. You ad your partner can have matching dragon tattoo design on the wrist.
39. Ever thought of trying a tiny small dragon tattoo? Here is a tiny dragon tattoo design on the wrist of this boy.
40. To be honest I am not much impressed from this dragon tattoo design. This is because of the colour of the dragon tattoo. But you can have a similar dragon tattoo in the shape of the heart by having it in tribal style.
41. Dragon tattoo design mixed up with the cherry blossom tattoo design makes up the perfect dragon tattoo idea for women.
42. Here is a small size tribal dragon tattoo design on the back shoulder of this girl.
43. This 3D dragon tattoo design may not look realistic but the tattoo artist deserve a praise because such designs are not easy to make.
44. Most people love to have old dragon tattoos but it would be even cooler to have a baby dragon tattoo. How about a fire breathing baby dragon tattoo design from the game Clash of Clans?
45. The pretties dragon tattoo idea for girls would be to have dragon tattoo design with flower tattoos.
46. WHOA! If your tattoo artist can make such majestic king size dragon tattoo design that go for it. The detailing on the skin of the dragon is amazing in fact Jaw Dropping.
47. If you are going for a black dragon tattoo design then make sure that there is no other background design because it will be confusing and the design would not be clear.
48. Here is a royal Chinese sea dragon tattoo design on the whole chest of this male model.
49. Japanese dragon tattoo design would look even more awesome if they are accompanied by a Japanese quote such as this one.
50. This dragon tattoo design is perfect for amateur tattoo artists.
51. Here is the perfect example of how mythical creature such as dragon be tattooed.
52. This dragon tattoo design looks inspired from the Shrek movie series. Although not recommended but still it would work fine for teen girls and teen boys.
53. This is a perfect mix up tattoo design of unicorn tattoo and dragon tattoo. I think this will suit for girls.
54. As I said earlier the face structure of dragon tattoo matters. This dragon tattoo would have looked more impressive if the face of the dragon was not like rat.
55. I do not understand the logic of having abs of dragon tattoo. I think it such dragon tattoo design would suit perfectly for gym boys and girls.
56. If you want to have a temporary dragon tattoo design then such kind of design would work best for you.
57. Although most people are interested in European and Chinese dragon tattoos but I guess here is how an African dragon tattoo would look like.
58. If you want a fire breathing dragon to look cute and pretty then you should focus on the eye design of the dragon.
59. Here is a small size dragon tattoo design on the face of this girl.
60. This is why I love tribal tattoos. Here is a cool and impressive dragon tribal tattoo on the shoulder of this boy.
61. Dragon should be on the upper part of the body. But if you want to hide it then opt for a small size tribal dragon tattoo on foot or ankle.
62. We have seen young dragon tattoos and old dragon tattoos. I think this is a middle aged Chinese dragon tattoo design.
63. A Dragon without wings might not look impressive but if it is a cool tribal dragon tattoo then I won’t mind.
64. A modification of this dragon tattoo would be to have three dragon heads on each corner. This way it will look scarier and impressive all the way.
65. Most people like to have complete dragon tattoo but you can give a try for a dragon face tattoo design such as this one.
66. Another idea of dragon face tattoo design for men and women would be this but it should be temporary tattoo.
So which dragon tattoo design you liked the most and why?